|Yes, we are open for in-person appointments! Keeping everyone safe in this age of COVID is our top priority. Please follow our policies below when you come to visit. |
1. We are delighted to see you. People are what matter and connection is important. All appointments are now reserved ahead of time to ensure we have few people in the space. Reserve your session here.
2. Please leave the majority of your belongings in your car. Simplicity is relaxing. We want to focus on taking care of you, not your stuff.
3. You may wait for your appointment in your car, outside, or in the lobby. To minimize people in our space, our waiting room in unavailable for extra people. If someone drove you, or happens to be along, please have them wait outside the office.
4. In accordance with State of Colorado guidelines, please wear a mask and maintain 6 feet distancing from other patrons.
5. Please come into our office (Suite 120) at your scheduled time, wearing a mask for the duration of your appointment. If there is an issue, text 303-444-9199. Thank you for your patience with any delays; between entraining and cleaning, Karen may be busy!
6. Please wash your hands in the sink when you arrive. Soap and water are the best products for minimizing virus transfer. Sometimes old fashioned is still the best. Hand sanitizer is available if soap is an issue for you.
7. Tables are cleaned between each and every person. If you would like to additionally wipe down the table yourself you are welcome to clean it to your satisfaction.
8. Between each client, Karen will be alternating between soap and hand sanitizer in order to maximize safety and best maintain her skin.
9. We have a HEPA air filter in the waiting room because cleaner air is always better! Karen additionally has an Austin air filter in her office.
10. Karen is only seeing in person clients Wednesdays, Friday’s & Saturdays. On line appointments are also available other days. See the Schedule for details.
11. Before coming in, please ask yourself these questions:
~Have you had a recent fever 100.4 or greater?
~Have you felt feverish?
~Do you have any shortness of breath?
~Have you had any known contact with anyone in the pst 14 days that has tested positive for COVID or been told to isolate?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, please do not come in for a treatment and contact your primary health care provider.
Remember: All appointments (in-person and online) need to be scheduled. Until Covid-19 is over, we are not offering walk in sessions. This will help us maintain social distancing and safety for all. One person, couple, or family can schedule for one slot. If all of you are sheltering at home together, then you may all come in at the same appointment time.
We hope to see you in the office soon.